Saturday, February 2, 2013

I received something in the mail the other day that I wasn't too sure about. No, it wasn't a four color ad or a two page local newspaper. it wasn't a bill or a  deceiving tri-folded advertisement stating you may have won something worth thousands or open immediately. This was a white rectangular envelope with our name and address written in good script by hand with a real stamp instead of those machine mailings. the stamp was a flag with Liberty written below. I wasn't sure whether to toss it in the to be paid file or the plastic lined container file on the floor beside me.  I did an adventurous thing. I opened it up.
 I hadn't seen one of these in years. it was an actual letter, that ancient device before LMAO, JK and TU became commonplace.
I opened the envelope slowly pulling out the handwritten note hidden inside as though the gods themselves had sent it to me. I giggled like an inebriated teen as I read the Pilot pen on paper words. It said "Thank you, for" . . . and had two signatures at the end. Two separate signatures by two different people. I had to stop my heart from it's path of rapid beating.
I wasn't sure whether to frame this wondrous thing of the past or scan it and e-mail it to people. I think I'll just reply to the letter with a text.

No comments:

Post a Comment