Monday, June 24, 2013

Shrinking

I remember my mom getting smaller and smaller as she passed seventy. By the time she was in her late eighties she shrunk by about eighteen inches. At least that's how I recall it. My sister is starting to lose height now, I've noticed. I figure in ten years she'll be talking to my ankles.

These are the things I worry about as I grow older. Not death. I'm wondering how tall I might be at say, eighty-five. I'm 5'8" now, so will I end up 4' 7" or 3' 2"? I know i have a long ways to go until I'm eighty-five, but I figure I need to do something now. Medical people say it is due to bones and muscles compressing. Is it gravity working on you or just age deterioration? I think I'll try stretching every day to keep things uncompressed. How tall are you going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment